We helped increase ‘consideration’ and ‘trust’ in British Gas with consumers, while improving brand perception amongst teachers
We worked with British Gas to breathe new life into the Generation Green schools programme, and build brand equity with a crucial audience.
- Improve brand perception of British Gas among teachers and schools
- Support the British Gas Brand Promise: ‘we do more to look after your world’
- Increase teacher participation in Generation Green
- Increase number of children and parents using the Generation Green website
Generation Green aims to encourage curiosity amongst children, encouraging them to think about energy innovation in the future. The programme inspires young people to think about sustainable types of energy and the energy journey through robust curriculum-linked resources. We also developed a special dance competition for pupils aged 7-14. Participating schools designed a dance move that could be carried out on Pavegen technology in order to power the home. Shortlisted schools then competed in a final dance off event, delivering PR opportunities, and building positive brand associations among teachers, pupils and their parents.
- There was a 7 percentage point increase in brand measures for ‘trust’ with British Gas consumers
- There was a 7 percentage point increase in brand measures for ‘consideration’ with British Gas consumers
- 65% of teachers perceived British Gas as an ‘expert’ following the campaign
- 67% of teachers felt the Generation Green activity had a positive impact on their perception of the brand