We helped Reckitt Benckiser to transform their Dettol brand image amongst young families
Dettol launched a new brand strategy, Mission for Health, and asked National Schools Partnership to create a corresponding education programme to promote health and hygiene to children and families.
- Position Dettol as the champion for hygiene education and build brand credibility with families
- Educate children on hygiene and encourage them to adopt healthy behaviours like hand-washing
- Strengthen loyalty amongst teachers and build new teacher relationships
“Planet Health” uses creative elements to engage young children with health and hygiene. Parental engagement is crucial to get young children to adopt healthy behaviours, and so parents were driven to the Planet Health website through take-home materials. The website gave them useful advice on maintaining a healthy home environment, creating a holistic in-school and at-home approach. Teachers were supported to deliver fun and exciting lessons through tools such as stickers, posters and games.
- 60% of parents surveyed post-programme describe Dettol as a brand they trust
- 85% of parents said Planet Health has encouraged children to wash their hands
- 85% of teachers feel favourable towards Dettol for providing resources
- 10.77% of UK nurseries and 22.5% of UK primary schools took part in Planet Health in 2012