We helped Lloyds Banking Group and BBC Children in Need reach families and improve school fundraising efforts
Lloyds Banking Group and BBC Children in Need worked with National Schools Partnership to create an innovative, educational fundraising programme to engage children and parents, and boost school fundraising results.
- Increase level of student and parental engagement
- Increase the amount of funds raised through schools and parents for BBC Children in Need
- Deliver a positive brand impact upon teachers, pupils and parents
The programme focused on giving children ownership of their fundraising efforts under the strapline of “by children, for children”. By using the curriculum-linked toolkit, pupils ran their own fundraising activities and raised money from their families and friends. The toolkit featured ideas, plans and messages from celebrity friends to motivate pupils and get them involved. Fundraising activity culminated in pupil-led Best.Assembly.Ever. events across the UK. Unlike previous fundraising programmes, this campaign encouraged fundraising activities in the weeks leading up to the day of the events, meaning that parents and pupils had longer to make donations and engage with the initiative.
- 27% increase in parental engagement
- Fundraising totals increased in 77% of the schools that took part
- 67% of teachers agreed that the ‘by children, for children’ concept resulted in more parental engagement
- Positive teacher perceptions of Lloyds Banking Group increased by 53% while negative perceptions were halved