We helped L’Oréal bring their sun protection message to 2.3m children and their families
L’Oréal wanted to increase awareness and improve perception of the Garnier Ambre Solaire brand with parents, whilst educating children about the importance of sun protection.
- Grow awareness of the Garnier Ambre Solaire kids’ product range
- Increase positive brand perception amongst parents
- Increase knowledge and understanding of the importance of sun protection amongst children
The challenge for Garnier was creating a learning programme that delivered a serious sun safety message in a way that appealed to children aged 3 to 11, and their parents. To address this challenge National Schools Partnership developed “Wrap, Splat, Hat!” which centred on three simple steps to sun protection and used media channels, including educational TV advertising, design competitions, and colourful, eye-catching printed resources to bring it to life for all key audiences. We worked with partners including the British Skin Foundation, Turner and 20th Century Fox to deliver the programme, reaching a massive audience across the UK.
- 43% of parents more likely to buy the Ambre Solaire product range
- 8,000 schools participated, reaching 2.3 million families
- 75% of kids “more likely to use sun cream when sunny”
- 81% of parents thought their children had a better understanding of sun protection as a result of the resources